On February 4, 2020, the President of the Jacksonville City Council, Scott Wilson, convened the Special Investigatory Committee on JEA Matters. The President’s Charge to the Committee was to investigate “the recent pursuit…to potentially privatize JEA” and to determine what problems “could be prevented in the future through legislative action.” This report by the Committee, together with its appendices and chronology of supporting documents, summarizes what happened, how it happened and recommends legislative action to prevent such an effort in the future.
- Council Member Brenda Priestly Jackson, Chair
- Council Member Randy DeFoor
- Council Member Rory Diamond (February – September 2020)
- Council Member Scott Wilson (February – November 2020)
- Council President Tommy Hazouri (November – December 2020)
The Committee retained Stephen D. Busey of Smith Hulsey & Busey as special counsel to assist the Committee in its investigation.